1Tb vegetable oil
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 10oz pkg frozen corn, thawed
1 cup salsa
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups instant rice
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped bell pepper and onion. Cook until tender but not browned, about 5 min.
2. Add corn, salsa and chicken broth to pot. Bring to a boil over med heat; about 2 min. Remove from heat.
3. Stir rice into pot; cover. Let stand 5 min.
4. Add cheddar to pot. Fluff rice and cheese with a fork.
*Notes: This freezes amazingly well. I also vary what I put in it, sometimes I add peas and carrots etc. I never thaw my corn or the onion I use, it's frozen as well. And the cheese makes a huge difference in the taste so it's essential!!!